Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Perfect Timing (eyeroll)

I had a meltdown at work this morning. It's been a good three months since I've done that. I think my last meltdown was tornado related. I've not even cried at all much lately - at work or at home. I've been very proud of that because it's quite an accomplishment for me.

But today - meltdown.

Not sure what sparked it. I'm absolutely exhausted, so I'm sure that was a major contributing factor. The weather is sapping me of whatever energy I had left (walking last night about killed me). I feel like I've gained 50 pounds in the last 2 days, and I know I haven't - but the clothes that are clean are the old baggy clothes. So somehow all of that together plus who knows what else factored in equals a meltdown.

So it was about 8:05, and I was in my office, door closed, losing my mascara when there was a knock on the door. I tried to compose myself (RIGHT!) and leaned back to open the door.

Definitely the new boss at the door.

Great. Aren't first impressions just the best???

How do you even recover from that? I just kind of mopped tears out of my eyes and said "Uh, how's your wife? How's your kids? How's my makeup?"

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I offer you hugs this morning little one...
Amy P.

Bekah said...

Amy P! I'm glad you left me a note! :) Thanks for the hugs. The morning is definitely looking up - mostly because the whole thing is so stinking funny that I'm laughing at myself!

Anonymous said...

Atta GIRL!!
Moments of sanity in an insane world... gotta love it!

Bekah said...

Well i'm trying, you know? The whole thing was just so ridiculous. Leave it to me to snot all over the new boss on his first round to meet the office on an individual basis.

Tina said...

Glad your morning is improving. Have another hug!

Bekah said...

Yay to more hugs! :)

Sarah said...

awe, bekah! i love you!

Bekah said...

Thanks Sarah! I'm very glad to hear that. :D

Cara Bara said...

sometimes it just feels good to cry for no reason!

Bekah said...

You are so right. And I feel a good cry is very cleansing. I had a stray tear last night during an extreme makeover home edition rerun. Had I stayed awake until they moved that bus, perhaps I could have gotten it all out of my system and skipped this morning's showcase.

Christina said...

Maybe you should just tell your boss this was your quarterly cry and you should be good for another 3 months or so now.

At least he'll know what to expect.

Sorry you're having a rough day. If it helps you laugh at all, you can think of Emily, who told me at bedtime last night that "you forgot to tiss(kiss) my other face". (This would be her other cheek.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Bekah said...

Christina - I loved that comment! I miss Miss Emily. :) The day has moved upward remarkably. I have laughed so hard that my cheeks hurt. But I still think I've scared him! He's been in and out a couple of times and I've tried to be so chipper....

Deb said...

That's exactly why I don't wear makeup! You could always blame it on allergies - the doctor said ragweed was a problem right now.

Bekah said...

I should have - allergic to work, maybe?? ;)

Brandon said...

Bad timing! Hopefully your second impression will make them forget the 1st!

By the way, I had an experience at Walmart today that can only happen at Walmart. I will have to tell you about it.

Bekah said...

oooh!!!! I wanna hear about that!!

Anonymous said...

Bekah,

I am so sorry that you had your breakdown right before the big boss showed up...I know how that goes. :). I hope that everything is better now and I am sure he probably didn't notice (but if he did I think he is the type of boss that will want to know what is going on :) ). Llita